DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1555 encountered & IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1555 encountered & IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file

Hi

I have export dump files terminated with "Export terminated successfully with warnings" due to EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1555 encountered in between for one big table. How can I use this dump file to import some of the tables exported later to this error. Because, when I tried import(table wise) I am ending up with IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file.

Any Idea how to make use of this dump file to import some of the tables, which are exported after "EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1555" error.

thanks in advance.
    Nagesh

I think you answered your own question here. If you are already getting errors when you try to import using this .DMP file, and you got errors upon export. Chances are that it is Fawked so you may want to try the export again.

Can you attach a copy of the export error message?

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky

Can you attach a copy of the export error message?

MH
    Thanks for your reply. Here are the Export and Import messages.

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1555 encountered
    ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 21 with name "R20" too small

after the above error, there are many tables are exported without any errors. But while doing import, I am encountering the below error. I am just trying to importing remaining tables, which are exported after the above error. Below is the import error:

IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file.

Thanks In advance.
    Nagesh

Put a commit in your import.par file!
    The table is too big and by default Oracle will try to import the whole thing before a commit is issued. Try using...

BUFFER=4000000
    COMMIT=Y

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

Originally posted by Mr.Hanky
    Put a commit in your import.par file!
    The table is too big and by default Oracle will try to import the whole thing before a commit is issued. Try using...

BUFFER=4000000
    COMMIT=Y

MH
    I already did that. Once my import reaches "EXP-00008: ORACLE error 1555 encountered" point, I am getting "IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file" error no further tables are importing?

Thanks In Advance
    Nagesh