DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: internal password - no validation

DBA's,

I have 8.1.5 running on NT. My question is whenever I use internal to connect in svrmgr (same server), Oracle does not prompt me for a password. Also the same with internal as sysdba.

This is a test database and I have created and deleted DB's so many times. When I query V$pwfile_users, it lists sys and internal.

My question is does pw file authent the default and if so why dont i get the prompt to enter the password?

Thanks,
    Nizar

It will not prompt you for the password is the user you are logged in NT user is part of the ORA_DBA group.

If you check in the NT user manager you should see that Oracle created this group and added administrator (or the Oracle installer) to it.

Terry

hello,
    I have a query,i cannot connect as internal .its giving the error message invalid loginname/password.though I am connected as administrator to NT and also giving the password internal.

when I try to query v$pwfile_user it is giving ora-00600 internal error.what to do?

check your alert file if you see ORA-600 errors, it will be a bit more detailed there
    And have you recreated a password file at all...?