DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: volunteer/co-op or internship work in Canada

Hybrid View

volunteer/co-op or internship work in Canada

Dear Oracle users:

I am writing in order to inquire about the possibility of doing some volunteer/co-op or internship work with an Oracle site. I am trying to get work experience in the oracle field either as a database administrator or developer.

I have extensive experience in the IT industry, with almost ten years experience. I have mainly been a senior analyst/program in Progress RDBMS. I am now looking to move into the Oracle field. I am currently doing the training for Oracle DBA and Oracle Developer. I have already completed the Oracle 9iSQL, PL/SQL courses, and now currently doing the Oracle database administration course. I am organized and capable of self-management. I am a proactive team player. I am innovative, creative and take initiative to get the job done. I can handle stress and unpredictable workloads, conflicting deadlines and interruptions, and most importantly, have strong interpersonal skills with coworkers. I have recently relocated to Canada(Toronto) from Australia, and have obtained Permanent Residency for Canada and a Social Insurance Number. I am also willing to relocate anywhere in Canada to obtain this experience.

I also have very good Unix knowledge and been using Unix for about 10 years. I have been a Sun Solaris Unix Administrator for UIA Insurance, London UK. I have strong skills in system installation, configuration, troubleshooting, tuning, planning, backup and disaster recovery. I have SCO and Sun Solaris experience.

I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the idea of me doing volunteer work for your company at a mutually convenient time. I may be contacted on my mobile (1) 416 830 7690, e-mail BrendonMelville@hotmail.com. E-mail me and I will send you my resume. I may also be able to get jobskill to cover any insurance that you may need for any placements. Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully yours,

Brendon Melville

Thumbs up

Finally!!

Someone has shown some friggin initiative in a world of "gimmie answers".

I applaud your approach to moving on, it worked for me and i think any IT manager with some common sense would take you up on this.

If I had the wearwithall I'd help you out.

Best of luck!

MH
    I remember when this place was cool.

Yea, man kudo's for your initiative! I remember when I first started out I did the same thing.
    Oracle it's not just a database it's a lifestyle!
    --------------
    BTW....You need to get a girlfriend who's last name isn't .jpg

Thanks people for the positive replies. But I don't seem to be getting any companies interested in me. So I am changing my approach.

I have started to cold call companies in Canada. I have a list of 40 to call so far. So what I was hoping that maybe some people could help me.

Could please e-mail me (BrendonMelville@hotmail.com) any companies that use Oracle in Canada.

e-mail me other Oracle forum sites so I can post more messages.

e-mail me any yahoo oracle group list that may help me find a oracle position.

e-mail me oracle job sites that deal with internship or juniors. There are many oracle job sites but none for people trying to start the oracle career.

e-mail me any other ideas that you may have for me to get into this market.

I will become an Oracle professional. I just need the chance !!!

Thanks

Brendon