DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle 9i database installation problem

oracle 9i database installation problem

hi to all
    still problem not pls help
    iam new member of this group i have one problem of oracle 9i database insatllation on window xp professional 2002 when i finish insatllation and last window of configuration tool appears and start database configuration assistant to create database give error which is "database configuration assistant error not a zip file (header not found) and not creating database and last window appear oracle 9i database insatllation was unsuccessful i dont know whats this error any one know solution ?
    regard

ayaz
    Last edited by ayaz; 10-29-2003 at 04:26 PM.

Try running dbca from the command prompt.
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Re: oracle 9i database installation problem

Originally posted by ayaz
    hi to all
    still problem not pls help
    iam new member of this group i have one problem of oracle 9i database insatllation on window xp professional 2002 when i finish insatllation and last window of configuration tool appears and start database configuration assistant to create database give error which is "database configuration assistant error not a zip file (header not found) and not creating database and last window appear oracle 9i database insatllation was unsuccessful i dont know whats this error any one know solution ?
    regard

ayaz
    This may not be the preferred solution but I had a similiar problem with my installation so I unistalled, removed Oracle from the registry, reinstalled and everything completed normally.
    OCP DBA 8i