Hey All!

I've got a problem and due to my lack of background in Oracle, not even the beginnings of a solution.

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro, Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 Enterprise edition and connecting through OCI with Witango.

Basically here's the situation. In an brute force effort to get a DB up and running on my dev box, I created an Oracle Instance, copied data files from my source DB (from another machine) to my target DB directory, rebuilt all the .log files .ctl files and created a new init.ora. The database runs, I have no problem executing queries on it and everything seemed alright.

Just recently, I went to do an update on the table, and am getting a group of errors. Here they are (thrown from an application server called Witango):

Number1: 6544
Message1: ORA-06544: PL/SQL: internal error, arguments: [78601], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-06553: PLS-801: internal error [78601]
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at "TRADDBA.TRAD_VEHICLE_IMAGE", line 3
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'TRADDBA.TRAD_VEHICLE_IMAGE'

Here's the trigger that was blowing up:
TRIGGER TRADDBA."TRADDBA".trad_vehicle_image
BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON trad_vehicle_image
FOR EACH ROW
BEGIN
IF INSERTING THEN
:NEW.creation_ts:=SYSDATE;
ELSE
:NEW.modification_ts:=SYSDATE;
END IF;
END;

This trigger was working on the original machine. I've done searches on google but I must have been searching for the wrong information, because there wasn't a whole lot of constructive help.

Please keep in mind that while I'm not a newbie with databases or programming, I've never administered Oracle before. And I know my solution to get the DB running was ugly, but due to circumstance, that's all I had to go on.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jonah Simpson