DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM Server and Oracle Agent problem

OEM Server and Oracle Agent problem

I worked with Management server before, when I had 9.0.1.0.0. Now I have 9.2.0.1.0 and it's very strange, because even in a brand new env. with all stuff OK for sure, I can connect to MS, I can see a local instance, but I cannot do my job on remote databases, because neither on the remote machine or local machine the agent is not starting. It only discover the local machine because is local, but if I want to perform - for instance - reorganization, or any operation which involves the MS and agent, it tells me it cannot do the operation because the database was discovered manually, cause the agent is missing. I indeed added the database manually.
    Now, the agent is not starting because - as it said - "premature EOF in sqlnet.ora". HA? sqlnet.ora looks fine! All the things are fine, but probably something is missing from there. For the record, I didn't succeed to start an oracle agent ever on this Oracle version. Is something wrong with me or with Oracle 9.2 ?

Thanks in advance,
    ovidius over!

Guys?
    ovidius over!

error message number

Is there an error message number associated with the message?
    David Knight
    OCP DBA 8i, 9i, 10g

Mate...

You need to set up a management server (OMS) by running emca. Start the OMS using oemctl. After that you need to run emca on each machine to configure the connection details for the agent. Start the agents (even the one on the same box as the management server) using agentctl.

Once you have the OMS & all the agents running. You need to log into the OMS and discover the nodes automatically.

Only after that, can you can submit jobs.

I also would like to add one more thing. i.e. if you want to discover the instance on the remote system, you will have to start the agent on the remote system. Make sure that your sqlnet.ora file does not have any TCP connection restriction. if you have one, then add the system where the connection is made to the list.

Hopefully this would help you

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!