DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Internal Error-Urgent

Hi All,
    Today morning i found an internal Error in the Alert log.Can anyone tell me what is the cause of this Error

Following errors written to the Alert log file. Please verify
    ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [12235], [], [], [], [], [], [], []

Its Very Urgent.

Cheers,
    Vinod Kumar.

extract from metalink :

This internal error is because a background process is not correctly invoked hence terminated. That means the type of the detached process cannot be determined. In other words, this error can show up for a number of reasons. Bug 868241 indicates there were problems with this error message showing up if you exceeded the parallel_max_servers value--fixed in 8.0.6. Bug 728866 indicates this can also occur when spawned PQ slave processes fail to map to the SGA.

ORA-600:[12235] signals that an Oracle process was started but it cannot work out what it is supposed to be doing, so it exits with this error. It has been reported that simply typing 'oracle' at the command line can cause this error. It has also been reported that having log_archive_start=TRUE in the init.ora, but the database is not running in archivelog mode can cause this error. There was a bug in earlier versions where this could be signalled due to a timeout when starting parallel query slaves in an OPS environment, but it was fixed in 8.0.6.

Hope this helps
    Gert

I faced this problem twice:
    i) wanted to take backup of datafiles of an NT/ora8.0 setup from a
    remote machine into dat by setting the permission of this folder as
    read only to all. then tried to start up the database when the backup
    is complete. but did not change the permission.
    ii) also faced the same ora-600 error due to data block corruption.
    Pao de dabba
    B'ham