Hello everyone,

for my first post, here is a small script if you've done RMAN testing before wanting to do a full backup of your databases. I was forced to do that because the standard RMAN orders (like delete backupset, delete backuppiece) did not worked with our particular configuration (Time Navigator 3.7 as MML on Compaq 'bot and Rman of 9.2.0.2.0 on HP-Ux 64bits).
Purpose is to reset the whole RMAN backups of a specified database with sqlplus (??!!), to force it to do an non-incremental backup of the database .
I don't know about other versions, but this one stores information on databases even if the catalog is dropped (and scratched on file system) or catalog user is changed and target databases registered (!!!! => if someone can explain me that, I would be happy).

Anyway, assuming CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF and you did get the DBKey and Db_Incarnation for the catalog (by select db_inc, db_key from dbinc; ) , here is the script :

-- Table des fichiers de contrtle (control file table)
DELETE FROM bcf WHERE dbinc_key = &2
/

-- Table des problemes de datafile (Backup datafile failure (?) table)
DELETE FROM bdf WHERE dbinc_key = &2
/

-- Table des parties de backup (Backup piece table)
DELETE FROM bp WHERE db_key = &1
/

-- Tables des redo log (Backup redo log table)
DELETE FROM brl WHERE dbinc_key = &2
/

-- Table des ensembles de sauvegarde (Backup set table)
DELETE FROM bs WHERE db_key = &1
/

-- Mise a jour des points de reprise de sauvegarde (3 signifie début).
UPDATE ckp SET ckp_scn = 3 WHERE dbinc_key = &2
/

-- Mise a jour des points de reprise de sauvegarde (3 signifie début).
Table DFAT (??)
UPDATE dfatt SET start_ckp_key = 3 WHERE dbinc_key = &2
/

-- Table des sauvegardes offline (ne devrait pas contenir de ligne, mais sait-on jamais.)
DELETE FROM offr WHERE dbinc_key = &2
/

-- Table de reprise des sauvegardes de tablespaces
UPDATE tsatt SET START_ckp_key = 3 WHERE dbinc_key = &2
/

COMMIT
/

(as you can see in comments, I'm french héhé)....

Post any usefull comment, thanks

Regards