DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it possible to make Export and Import at the same time..

Originally posted by abhaysk
    Well Network will be limiting factor, but does Import do any better Over Insert using COPY will be the question..So isnt it better to perform a test?
    If you've got the kind of time to chase after a dime when there's thousands of dollars on the table, go for it.

PS I have no idea about "multiplexed GB adapters", if you could let me know about it, would be better (ofcourse I can STW, thas different issue)
    Two Gigabit Ethernet adapters on each box bound as one. (ie. lots of bandwidth between servers)
    Jeff Hunter

Originally posted by abhaysk
    ... dont forget keeping Arraysize 5000 ...
    Sounds a little high to me -- i would expect that you'd be getting collisions on the network. I'd keep it to 500.
    David Aldridge,
    "The Oracle Sponge"

Senior Manager, Business Intelligence Development
    XM Satellite Radio
    Washington, DC

Oracle ACE

Originally posted by slimdave
    Sounds a little high to me -- i would expect that you'd be getting collisions on the network. I'd keep it to 500.
    Collisions, It would not be as you expected.. IMHO and used many times it quite faster than defualt ARRAYSIZE 15 or even 500 as you said...

Well it will be as any other copy over N/W, but in the bundles of the sizes due to 5000 rows !! & which will not be a problem as/when a Copy of over a Gig Bytes will not..

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"