I have few questions listed. hope will get answers
1. how to identify the table is required to be defragmented ?
2. identified ? How to do defragment it ?
3. how to fill in the appropriate storage parameters.(all my tables have (read,Insert and few have update)
I know we have to estimate the data coming into the table,but
in my previous posting i got the steps. I have no experience in doing that. Please provide me with an example or let know some site or where in oracle documentation i can find one example.
Thanks in Adv
1. look for tables that go thru deletes. These tables and their associated indexes will be fragmented.
2. defrag using export and import OR an internal reorg (CTAS to another ts)
3. The tables that go thru regular inserts, esp. large inserts should have a large initial. Estimate the size based on table growth rate. The same also applies to its indexes.
Do you have any script to find whether a table is fragmeneted if you a new DBA to a company?
No, don't have a script. From the way the application is used here, I can tell which tables undergo a delete.
during taking export of a suspected table, you should give compress=y option.
Pao de dabba
If you are using 8i then use this command .
alter table tablename move tablespace storage(----_);
you can move this on the same tablespace also.
this way if a table has lots of delets can be defragmented...
for index do rebuild...
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width