I have few questions listed. hope will get answers
1. how to identify the table is required to be defragmented ?
2. identified ? How to do defragment it ?
3. how to fill in the appropriate storage parameters.(all my tables have (read,Insert and few have update)
I know we have to estimate the data coming into the table,but
in my previous posting i got the steps. I have no experience in doing that. Please provide me with an example or let know some site or where in oracle documentation i can find one example.
1. look for tables that go thru deletes. These tables and their associated indexes will be fragmented.
2. defrag using export and import OR an internal reorg (CTAS to another ts)
3. The tables that go thru regular inserts, esp. large inserts should have a large initial. Estimate the size based on table growth rate. The same also applies to its indexes.