v$session_wait and its meaning ...
IŽam preparing my tuning exame. There is a problem I can not solve:
1. User brain is updating one row of a table and did not commit.
2. User pinky is trying to update the same row in that table.
3. This situation generates an "enqueue" event, I can find with the help of v$system_event, v$session_event and v$session_wait.
4. v$sesion_event in combination with v$session tells me the user who is waiting.
5. Now I want to find out, for what pinky is waiting. Is it possible with v$session_wait? What are the collums (P1, P2, ....) mean?
Can somebody help me?
you cannot know what rows is locked
rest read tahiti.oracle.com
but can I know, which user is locking the table? So I can tell him to commit? :-)
yes, look v$lock but not v$session_wait
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width