Hello!

Today I can say I am an OCP for Oracle8. It is a very good feeling. It took me about 13 months from the first Oracle Class to last test (P&T).

I was reading some of wise guy arguing about OCP is good or bad, is money making venture for oracle and other training center. I agreed with this people in certain distance. Yes they are making money, but what we are getting out of that are par out weight $4-$14K, depends on where you taking your classes.

It took me $7,300 including followings:
1. Class cost: $3,500.00
2. Took Day off: $3,500
3. Books and other materials: $300.00

What I got with this investment, let us itemize as follow:
After I passed 1st, 2 test,
1. I got a job with $62K starting salary with very good company.
2. This is $22K over my last job.

I got all my interviews for oracle dba position with my current company, because of my first 2 test. I did not have any Oracle or RDBMS experience before my first class for Oracle. I have BS in ME degree, and 15 years of desktop PC experience. My HR told me that they got my resume via a filter with OCP.

One note: I had to take HR test, beside other interview. So go figure, OCP have any oracle knowledge or not. Compare to OCP test HR test is much more difficult, because all the questions were based on real life issue.

We are 7 dba; two have the OCP (with me). I am the junior one. Senior most have the OCP. Other has average 3-4 years experience.

That's all folks. I am to 8I upgrade next.

Thanks