DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Recreating oracle database

Unhappy Recreating oracle database

My Oracle database is not starting due to missing index tablespace file and I don't have the internal password to restore the database....
    ...since I'am having the latest export file can anyone pls help me how to proceed with re-creating the oracle database and then importing the export file....

Will be very greatefull who can help me out!!!
    Thanx & Regards,
    sfdba

You were told in a different thread what to do, and even how to do it. If you can't do that (read and follow instructions, look up a simple command - even when given a link to the documentation about it), there is no help for you. Why don't you tell us which personal reference book(s) you own and what it is you don't understand about what you were told previously?

Yeah Stecal there is a link given to the document but as I mentioned in my last thread I don't have a metalink userid and password...anyways Thanx

My bad about your not having access to MetaLink, but you do have access to Oracle documentation.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...1/dba.htm#1227

If you could log on, you could try dropping the tablespace including contents, assuming this was just an index tablespace. Then recreate it.

At the starting of this forum there is one thread at the top most read it carefully.Still u doesnot understand take a brake from your work pack all your fundamental books read them.

Re: Recreating oracle database

Originally posted by sfdba
    My Oracle database is not starting due to missing index tablespace file and I don't have the internal password to restore the database....
    ...since I'am having the latest export file can anyone pls help me how to proceed with re-creating the oracle database and then importing the export file....

Will be very greatefull who can help me out!!!
    Thanx & Regards,
    sfdba
    Now if it's just an INDEX TABLESPACE, what's the big deal? Isn't it easier to recreate the indexes than to recreate the database?

About the "internal" password: why don't you just recreate the password file with another password :-)
    Oracle Certified Master
    Oracle Certified Professional 6i,8i,9i,10g,11g,12c
    email: ocp_9i@yahoo.com