DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TWO-TASK SERVER: error = 12571 & ORA-3113

Exclamation TWO-TASK SERVER: error = 12571 & ORA-3113

Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 server

-----
    I am getting
    TWO-TASK SERVER: error = 12571
    (Ungraceful disconnection of a session from the oracle db while the db is currently running a dml statement issued by that session)

&
    ***Got ORA-3113 while running PLSQL***
    PROCEDURE TRACKER.WEEKLY_DIARY_REPORT_NEW:
    (end-of-file on communication channel)

errors every 10-15 days.
    ----

Q. First of all are these 2 errors somehow connected.
    Q. Is error ORA-03313 is being caused solely because of PROCEDURE TRACKER.WEEKLY_DIARY_REPORT_NEW.
    Q. Whats the resolution to get rid of both. The above errors does not crash the DB (haven't caused it yet) but causes the system to slowdown - that procedure uses 98% of CPU when its running (no other process works until the procedure is finished executing).

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

-D
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can only contemplate these two errors to be related. When ORA-3113 occours, it would drop the connection. Which inturn could cause the other.

Make sure that your pocedure puts less load on the CPU. You might want to review the procedure and see what areas that contention is comming in from. Check also your network to make sure that the network was able to handle the load, without dropping out.

Also make sure that your DBA/System administrator does not kill any long running/CPU intensive processes. Or check to see if there are any moniitoring scripts that would get kicked in during these periods or gets run regularly, that monitors the CPU resouce usage and would kill/abort the processes that run beyond certain limit, for certain period of time on certain days.

These are some of the things that I can think of now.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!