DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9iAS on Win 2000 or Win 2000 Server

9iAS on Win 2000 or Win 2000 Server

i tryied to install 9iAS on windows 2000 prof, during installtion the wizard asked me for a domain, what should i enter ? the machine name or a domain ,if a domain i think i should have windows 2000 server installed isn't it

Please i want some answer

In the hosts file modify

ipaddress machinename.region.co.country machinename

reboot and then start installation again give machinename.region.co.country when it askes for fully qualified hostname
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Re: 9iAS on Win 2000 or Win 2000 Server

Originally posted by jalal
    i tryied to install 9iAS on windows 2000 prof, during installtion the wizard asked me for a domain, what should i enter ? the machine name or a domain ,if a domain i think i should have windows 2000 server installed isn't it
    I think you should first understand the difference between W2K Professional and W2K Server. What is the difference between a computer that is a domain controller and a computer that is a member of a domain (and is not a domain controller itself)? If a computer is a member of a domain, does it not need a domain name? That is what you were being asked during iAS installation. If you don't know your own domain name, you need to back up and figure out what you need before getting into iAS installation.

Thanks for the replay ,

I am doing this for testing purpose only and my computer is standalone computer it's not part of a domain that's why i am asking "do i have to install windows 2000 sever " so i can have a domain then install 9iAS or i can install 9ias on windows 2000 prof not member of a domain if yes
    what is the way

Okay, that clarifies the situation. I don't have docs with me right now, but I'll look into using iAS in a workgroup as opposed to being in a domain.