DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Db Link Problem

Db Link Problem

hi

I have a problem with the connectivity. I have created a dblink to the production database by name livelink. I am able to connect to the production database using the host string but while trying to retrieve any data using the database link, I am prompted with the error :

ORA-12535: TNSperation timed out

We connect to the production database by passing thru the firewall.

Can anyone help me out? This is most urgent.

Thanx

Das

when u try to access a server which is in DMZ zone u need to have a permission to enter through the firewall.Check with your network people whether u have the access to enter from the workstation through which u are trying to connect.Simply by creating a database link will not solve the problem.

thanx akhadar

i am able to connect to the remote database thru the firewall using the username and password of the firewall from my workstation to the database of remote server. what could be the problem if i connect thru a db link.

thanks once again

das

see the test

SQL> create database link test using 'intdb';

Database link created.

SQL> select count(*) from BBLTX160@test;

COUNT(*)
    ----------

If u are able to connect to the remote server with username then check the global_names parameter on the remote server and make to 'False'.Now u should be able to use the database link from the workstation on which u have the authorization.
    So its not the problem with database link it is a problem with firewall permission.