DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New MicroSoft Security Patch

New MicroSoft Security Patch

Hi Members,

Has anyone applied the recent MicroSoft security patch on a Windows RAC environment yet? And/OR Oracle application server? Please let me know if all went well.

Thanks!

ANY UPDATE?

Has anyone applied the above patches on Windows 2000 RAC DB system yet? Please email us your feedback?

Thanks!
    roukie-dba

Don't you have a test environment with representative data? I always do it in my test env. first. My "everything went well" will not neccesarily mean it'll work for you as well. Bottom line, patch up your test env. first.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

it appears as though one of those patches may have whacked a private ip for one node in our cluster. After we applied the patches and rebooted the private IP was changed from 10.0.0.1 to 10.1.1.1
    which runined my day until I figured out that fact as that node would join in on the cluster. We simply changed the private IP to what it should have been and all was well again

steve
    I'm stmontgo and I approve of this message

STMONGO,

Thank you very much for your informative feedback. We don't have a development cluster, hence my questions. Thanks so much again.