DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Urgent Help?

Wink

I am using Excel to connect to Oracle Database and retrive rows, but, In excel it does not go over 65,000 rows, is there way I call tell excel go to the next sheet,

Rahul Khana

Hi
    Just spool the output from sqlplus into a file, then try opening from excel. I havent tried this before.Hope it works.

you will get the same result - over limits.

use editor to cut spool file to small file first.
    XDBA

Alternative Method....

I do a lot of data conversion and this is always a problem....I put it into MS Access first, and then run a query to make smaller tables then drop it into excel....just an idea..

John

Help

This doesn't make sence, if I spool it I will have the same problem, But If I take in to Access and run a query against
    How would that help me up the data in to a spread sheet
    does acess have spread sheet?

SO I dowolad a table to Access, then how do I run a query again's that table?

Thanks
    Rahul Khana

Access instructions...

You load the data into access just like you would excel. During improt, access gives you the option to add a primary key column whihc is just a seuqetial lisyt of numbers. do that.

Then run a 'make-table" query fromt he acceess query wizard, and use your select criteria where PK < 60,000.

that is table 1. then do it agin to table 2, criteria > 60,000 and < 120,000. repeat as nessecary.

then you can expoirt the access tables as an .xls file and you are all set :)