DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle imports giving materialized view feature not enabled error

oracle imports giving materialized view feature not enabled error

hi,

I am running my imports on oracle 9i rel 2 (Standard edition). Towards the end of the import i am getting an error message called : "Materialized view feature not enabled". The import still continues and does rest of the stuff properly. I am not sure why is this error occuring. We dont have even a single materialized view in our database. I find oracle is trying to import some of its own materialized views and then it runs into error maybe because these views are not supported in Standard edition of oracle. Pls give me your inputs about why is this happening and how to stop this error.

thanks

Parijat

Hi

Yes you are right.In order to stop the errors from appearing take user /application schema level exports and imports rather than using sys or system when doing exports and imports

regards
    Hrishy

i am not doing the export/import from system or sys schema. i am doing it from my own dba account. could it be due to certain dba privileges which enables the export of materialized views? i could see while the export is going through that it mentions "exporting materialized views"... how can we stop the export of the materialized views? infact we dont have any of these views in our schema and still oracle exports couple of its own materialized views.

Parijat