dropping a tablespace ?
i'm trying to drop a tablespace called XDB from my testing DB (9i).
the scenario was like that :
1. I've created a database with the database configuration assitant.
2. this has created a tablespace called XDB for XML Stuff (irrelevant for me).
3. I connected to the server as sys.
4. wrote "DROP TABLESPACE XDB INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;".
i got an error message :
"ORA-29857 domain indexes and/or secondary objects exist in the tablespace".
ok, i know that i need to drop the domain indexes (wich i dont know where are they) and secondary objects (wich i dont know what are they ?).
i tryied to select objects from DBA/USER tables,objects,segments that are in tablespace XDB but when i tryied to drop them i got an error that the object or table/view does not exsist.
the objects started with XDB$SOMETHING and indexes started with SYS_SOMETHING.
1. why couldnt i dro them?
2. what do i need to do to drop the tablespace ?
Last edited by kashkash; 09-09-2003 at 09:47 AM.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width