DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 12 week eLearning Course

Question

I'm scheduled to take Oracle's 12-week eLearning DBA course in 3 weeks.
    Is there a better way to get certified? I do well with practice exams and
    a few good books. Oracle's course is very expensive ($9,300). I have no
    experience. I'd like to find tests like Transcender tests. Thanks.

I have taken a couple of Oracle's ILT, and used the courses on CD (NETg TBTs - Technology Based Training). I find the TBTs much quicker & easier to learn the concepts, as they address several learning methods, including hands on reinforcement that just reading a book won't give you!

The STS are, of course, invaluable as well. Currently, I am looking to sell my TBTs (I have complete Oracle 8 DBA & Oracle 8i DBA) or trade for a set of Oracle Financials TBTs.

Reach me at monkeymom10@hotmail.com if you are looking for more info.
    "Today is the beginning of the rest of your life!"

Exclamation

I took the DBA ELearning course through Oracle. It provides some good information , but, if you are motived ,you can do just as well on your own. It is all based on the NT platform which does nothing for the TRUE platform UNIX. Installed 8i on NT no problem ( any Monkey can point and click with microsoft) When I tried to install under UNIX , well let's just say it was just a weeeeee bit harder (ALOT!!!!).

Thanks for the reassurance on the Elearning course - that I can learn other less expensive
    ways. Right now, I'm back to concentrating only on Microsoft products - there's so much
    technology - especially for a newcomer like myself - I'm thinking I need to concentrate on
    one platform at least at first.