DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: starting management server from svrmgrl

Hybrid View

Unhappy

hi friends,

i run an oracle 8.1.6 database on nt. i have my management server(ms) service in the nt service dialog box but when i start it, i get an error saying that an internal NT error has occurres. i was once able to connect to the management server. so it is possible. how do i start a ms from from svrmgrl ? where can i get the cause of the error. thanks in adv.

satishpc

here we go again... OMS really sucks.. sorry for the language :)

and no you cant start OMS from svrmgrl, try from ms-dos... you will get another error anyway

Request enhancements :)
    C:\> oemctrl start oms
    It's the command to start the OMS
    Please, be sure you put the connect string as HOST:PORT:SID in the Configuration Wizard
    Ramon Caballero, DBA, rcaballe@yahoo.com

hi pando,

is there any other way round i can run my tuning pack, etc ?

satishpc

You can use tablespace manager from Tunning pack in DBA Studio, I am not so sure about Oracle Expert or SQL Analyzer. Oracle expert never worked for me anywayz, always hanged... for like 4 or 5 hours for a database with 3 users and 6 tables :(

Hi,
    Did you create the repository first.

hi friends,

i somehow managed to get oms started. but when i try to login, it says invalid login credentials. i tried as system/manager, sys/change_on_install and sysman/oem_temp. but it is the same thing. which user & passwd should i provide ? what can be the problem ? i am able to log in through sql using these. my schema does not show sysman user. thanks in adv.

satish

The first time logon is sysman/oem_temp. You then go in and create other OEM users. Also, OEM prompts you to change the password the first time you log on. Did you do that?

sysman is like internal for the Oracle server.

And you cannot see sysman in scema manager, because you usually create a separate user to hold your OEM repository.

Nizar.