DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Forms 9i

Forms 9i

How to bypass the OracleDeveloper9i screen dialog box at forms runtime.

Which dialog box - the logon window? Or are you asking about what appears in the browser window as a text background?

Not the Logon window which can bypass by using ON-LOGON trigger.

When a form is run (CTRL+R) or program Run form. A new browser window appears showing
    a dialog Box " Oracle9iAS Forms Services .... bla bla"" after the Loading Java Applet...........

If you are not seeing a logon window, you have hard-coded a username/password@sid combination in your configuration files.

ON_LOGON trigger fires AFTER you logon, which implies that you have logged on and now the trigger is ready to perform some action. Database level LOGON triggers fire after any user successfully logs in to the database. Schema level triggers fire after the owner logs in.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...rigs.htm#10004
    Triggers on LOGON and LOGOFF Events
    LOGON and LOGOFF triggers can be associated with the database or with a schema. Their attributes include the system event and username, and they can specify simple conditions on USERID and USERNAME.

LOGON triggers fire after a successful logon of a user.
    LOGOFF triggers fire at the start of a user logoff.

A dialog box is a window that typically requires input from the user. What you are asking about is a background text/popup gif in a browser window, and is, in fact, the same exact window you see when using Application Server. I'm pretty sure you can disable it. One needs to figure out the name of the gif, find from where it is called, and remove the call to it.

Oracle9iDS comes with over 1400 gif's, but many of them can be eliminated because of where they are and by their names.
    Last edited by stecal; 09-02-2003 at 07:37 PM.

Thank You Stecal , I will look into those gif files.

I just looked through a bunch of gif files, no luck so far.