Crazy files in oracle_home/dbs
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Crazy files in oracle_home/dbs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    182

    Crazy files in oracle_home/dbs

    I noticed I have some huge crazy-named files in oracle_home/dbs

    What the heck are the strange ones?
    do the snap* files have something to do with statspack.snap??
    some of the files with 0* are over a gig and I would like to remove them if they mean nothing. All of those are over 8 months old.

    05ea5ora_1_1
    06ea8hv9_1_1
    07ea8i3j_1_1
    08ea8i50_1_1
    09ea8i5r_1_1
    0aea8i6k_1_1
    0bea8k9g_1_1
    0cea8kjd_1_1
    0dea8kkr_1_1
    0eea8kla_1_1
    0fea8klp_1_1
    0gea8ksd_1_1
    0hea8kua_1_1
    0iea8l54_1_1
    0jea8l67_1_1
    0kea8l6n_1_1
    0lea8l76_1_1
    0mea8lca_1_1
    0nea8ldj_1_1
    0oea8lem_1_1
    0peafl4m_1_1
    0qeafl63_1_1
    0reafl6t_1_1
    0seafl7m_1_1
    init.ora
    initbck1.old
    initbck1.ora
    initdw.ora
    initkod1.ora
    lkBCK
    lkKOD
    snapcf_bck1.f
    spfilebck1.ora
    lkBCK
    - Cookies

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    greenwich.ct.us
    Posts
    9,092

    Re: Crazy files in oracle_home/dbs

    Originally posted by Cookies
    05ea5ora_1_1
    06ea8hv9_1_1
    07ea8i3j_1_1
    08ea8i50_1_1
    09ea8i5r_1_1
    0aea8i6k_1_1
    0bea8k9g_1_1
    0cea8kjd_1_1
    0dea8kkr_1_1
    0eea8kla_1_1
    0fea8klp_1_1
    0gea8ksd_1_1
    0hea8kua_1_1
    0iea8l54_1_1
    0jea8l67_1_1
    0kea8l6n_1_1
    0lea8l76_1_1
    0mea8lca_1_1
    0nea8ldj_1_1
    0oea8lem_1_1
    0peafl4m_1_1
    0qeafl63_1_1
    0reafl6t_1_1
    0seafl7m_1_1
    These look like files from an RMAN backup to disk.
    Jeff Hunter
    marist89@yahoo.com
    http://marist89.blogspot.com/
    Get Firefox!
    "I pledge to stop eating sharks fin soup and will not do so under any circumstances."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    182
    Okay, so if those were just for RMAN testing purposes, then it would not cause any problems to delete them I assume.

    what about the snap files?
    snapcf_bck1.f
    spfilebck1.ora


    I was not aware statspack wrote anything to the dbs directory.
    - Cookies

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,204
    snapcf is an RMAN snapshot control file.

    spfile is the binary version of the initSID.ora file
    "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Asimov
    Oracle Scirpts DBA's need

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    422
    Originally posted by Cookies
    Okay, so if those were just for RMAN testing purposes, then it would not cause any problems to delete them I assume.
    Maybe you should check them in recovery catalog and delete them out of it.
    Tomaž
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
    foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    182
    Thanks for the feedback.

    If I specify the disk-path for the RMAN backup, why the heck does it put a file in the dbs directory? The thing is 1.5 Gig and that is not a filesystem that has a lot of space on it.
    - Cookies

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,758
    Originally posted by Cookies
    Thanks for the feedback.

    If I specify the disk-path for the RMAN backup, why the heck does it put a file in the dbs directory? The thing is 1.5 Gig and that is not a filesystem that has a lot of space on it.
    Specify your backup destination with format option.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

    "The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width