DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ora-01110

ora-01110

ORA-01110: data file 128: 'H:\ORACLE\xxxx\SAPDATA1\TEMP_6\TEMP.DATA6'
    ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file 128 (block # 1)
    ORA-27072: skgfdisp: I/O error
    OSD-04006: ReadFile() failure, unable to read from file
    O/S-Error: (OS 33) The process cannot access the file because
    another process has locked a portion of the file.

got this error once in a while. and its not always on temp, some other different tablespaces are involved as well. on oracle 8.0.6 and NT. when this happeend, the instace will shut down by itself and need to a do a recover on that daatfile to startup the db again.

It seems to me a disk/hardware problem, intermittantly the file is not available.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

what happens is that originally, we had online backup scheduled everyday. and then this error occurs. apparently, we had file system backups scheduled recently. so what happened is that when file sysetm backup is running for a datafile, at the same time when a transaction needs that file, oracle senses that file is used by another program, make it offline and make it recover status.

am i right to conclude this way?

I think when ever your backup starts it taking the datafile offline.

Originally posted by yls177
    what happens is that originally, we had online backup scheduled everyday. and then this error occurs. apparently, we had file system backups scheduled recently. so what happened is that when file sysetm backup is running for a datafile, at the same time when a transaction needs that file, oracle senses that file is used by another program, make it offline and make it recover status.

am i right to conclude this way?
    What type of backup are you running? RMAN Online backup or OS Online backup?
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Hi,
    As the Database is running on windows,
    trying to take file system backup will error out if another process is currently accessing the files.This is not the case in UNIX.

If doing in RMAN, i feel u will not get this error.

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl