DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleting all oracle services.

Hybrid View

Deleting all oracle services.

How would I go about delteting all oracle services from control panel/admin tools/services? I have tried with out success to log on to an oracle sid through the command prompt, I have deleted all that I can from the registry.
    Thanks.
    Rick
    Rick

Sigh.....those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end.
    I too remember when this place was coo.

(Removed comment about posting in the wrong forum)
    Last edited by stecal; 08-31-2003 at 12:13 AM.

Re: Deleting all oracle services.

Originally posted by Alchemy
    How would I go about delteting all oracle services from control panel/admin tools/services? I have tried with out success to log on to an oracle sid through the command prompt, I have deleted all that I can from the registry.
    Thanks.
    Rick
    Use oradim utility to delete services.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Re: Re: Deleting all oracle services.

Originally posted by SANJAY_G
    Use oradim utility to delete services.
    Sanjay,is it possible to delete the oracle management server Service using Oradim utility ???? i tried but couldn't succed.

Hi.

You need to delete the Oracle entries under the following path in the registry:

\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services

There will be a few of them all begining with Oracle...

You should also consider removing the whole of:

\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE

Once this is done you will need to reboot your machine and they should all be gone. You can then delete the remaining files on your filesystem and you're pretty clean.

Remember, any DLLs will still be registered unless you did an uninstall using the Universal Installer. That shouldn't matter as they are not being used, and if you reinstall they will be replaced.

Also note that manually messing around with the registry can be dangerous. Do it at your own risk.

Cheers
    Tim...
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g
    OCA PL/SQL Developer
    Oracle ACE Director
    My website: oracle-base.com
    My blog: oracle-base.com/blog

Re: Re: Re: Deleting all oracle services.

Originally posted by bang_dba
    Sanjay,is it possible to delete the oracle management server Service using Oradim utility ???? i tried but couldn't succed.
    Why dont you go to WWW.Microsoft.com and do a Search for "delete service", you will get exe which can delete any service with service name being the parameter.

Abhay.
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"

Firstly, thanks TimHall, I will give it a go.

Secondly, thanks abhaysk I will look this utility up.

SANJAY_G, I tried that method, I could not make a connection to get to the oradim utlility. The reason I suspect is that I performed an un-install with the universl installer, then deleted all oracle directories, then finally deleting all but what TimHall mentioned in the registry.

and last, but not least... stecal:
    Try posting in a different forum. This forum is for "how to do things," not "how do I do things?": I think you meant to say:
    Try posting in a different forum. This forum is for "how to do things," not "how would I go about" things.

Thanks all, hopefully I will not be back here for the same problem again.
    Rick
    Rick

Talking deleting oracle services

Thank you for your help TimHall and abhaysk. Though I used TimHall's assistance, I found the program that abhaysk suggested and will study it further.
    Thanks.
    Rick
    Rick

and last, but not least... stecal:
    Try posting in a different forum. This forum is for "how to do things," not "how do I do things?": I think you meant to say:
    Try posting in a different forum. This forum is for "how to do things," not "how would I go about" things.
    Excuse me? You're the one with the reading problem. That's why I used short, monosyllabic words - to make it easier for you to understand the instructions. Further, if you had bothered to read any documentation, including a personal reference book or two, you wouldn't have been here asking a dumb question.

Steven,

I think questions of the same nature/knowledge level will keep coming up again and again. Playing the bouncer is not gonna help the guys here. I can understand that you have the "coveted"(huh?)moderator title now so you're on a new high. So stop f**king around and try to help out guys here. Your sorryass wisecracks aren't funny (they never were...)
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---