DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM EVENTS not alerting!!! HELP....

OEM EVENTS not alerting!!! HELP....

Have set up OEM with management server in mid-tier to alert/monitor a 4-node instance RAC database. Agents are running on 4-node RAC (9.2.0.2) and all the OEM jobs run fine against the managed nodes, as well as email me after completion. However, the ALERT LOG Checker and other ALERT events (e.g. tablespace full, log_arc_dest full...) does not work. I deliberately created an "ORA-xxx...) error in the alert log and set the management server polling time to every 5 minutes, however, the OEM did not alert me of the alert log error even after 30mins. Is there a bug in 9.2.0.2 that may be causing this problem? I've checked all my preferred credentials for both DB/instances/nodes and they all look good. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Did you manually edit the alert log?

Better to get oracle to actually write the message for you using internal packages.

Anyway, check the event itself, who is it set to notify in case it does trigger? If jobs etc are running, its a config issue not an agent problem.

OEM won't signal alert log ORA-xxx errors

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. No - I did not manually edit the alert log and enter errors into it. I created a fake tablespace though SQLPLUS to generate the error in the alert log. However, the OEM alert log monitor didn't pick it up for our RAC database (9.2.0.2). However, the same type of error generated in the single node OEM database is flagged by the OEM alert log monitor. Any more help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!