DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Can anyone reccommend a good book for learning Pro C

Question Can anyone reccommend a good book for learning Pro C

I was laid off a little while back, and most of the PL/SQL jobs I see require pro c or c knowledge. So I am trying to increase my skill set to become employed yet again. Any relevant help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian.

Re: Can anyone reccommend a good book for learning Pro C

Originally posted by gandolf989
    I was laid off a little while back, and most of the PL/SQL jobs I see require pro c or c knowledge. So I am trying to increase my skill set to become employed yet again. Any relevant help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian.
    I just use the Oracle supplied documentation, it is pretty decent (although I've found it to be wrong in some cases). I wouldn't worry too much about learning it on the job. If you pick things up quickly then you should have no problem (assuming you know C already). It really isn't all that difficult and, IMO, intuitive. In fact, other than making massive improvements to our codebase by using dynamic binds and the like, I never needed the docs as I could pick it up from what others had done. It was just when I ventured into uncharted teritory (for our company) like Dynamic SQL and the like that I ran into needing the Oracle docs. Even then, it wasn't that hard to figure out.