DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to connect OMS in LINUX from a OEM console in WIN2K

How to connect OMS in LINUX from a OEM console in WIN2K

Dear All,
    I'm using Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 on Linux Advanced Server 2.1.
    I've successfully installed and started the OMS on it and can successfully manage the
    DB from the OEM console running on the Linux Server.

But my aim is to install the OEM Console in an WIN2K server and connect the OMS running
    on Linux and manage the Database on Linux.

To do this I've installed all the Management Tools including the Enterprise Manager Pack
    from the Oracle9i Client for MS Windows in a WIN2K machine. After successful installation
    of OEM console when I try to connect the OMS running in the Linus its throwing a Java
    NullPointer Exception. But using the same OEM console I can connect to another OMS running
    in a WIN2K server and successfully discovered the NODE, which is the Linux server database.

Can anyone please suggest me how I could connect the OMS server runnng in LINUX from a
    OEM console running in WIN2K ??

Thanks in Advance.
    Anomitro

In the destination location, on the console, you have to specify the hostname. So to make sure that your server can connect to that host, try the ping and make sure that you can ping the host system.

Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!

Hi Sam,
    I've entered the HOSTname and IP Addr. of the LINUX SERVER in the hosts file of the WIN2K pc, where the OEM console is running. And I can successfully ping the LINUX server (with name & IP both) from the WIN2K pc.
    Now do I need to enter the WIN2K machine's name & IP in the hosts file of the LINUX server ?

I'm attaching the error occuring on the console.
    (HERE THE DWH_SVR IS THE NAME OF THE LINUX SERVER. )

Please help me .... I'm stuck ...

Rgds,
    Anomitro
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi All,
    I've entered the hostname and IP address of the clients in the LINUX server's hosts file. Still I cannot connect to the OMS. The same error is occuring (as attached with the previous message).

What else can be done ....

Thanks in advance ....

Anomitro