I've loaded 9iv2 patched to 9.2.0.3.0 on a Windows 2K test server fully patched. I use IIS as a web server. Our application uses Microsoft ODBC for Oracle. The application will not work correctly with the Oracle driver. I can get the Oracle driver to connect with the database succesfully. When I try to set up the ODBC connection using the Microsoft driver I get "The Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle version 7.3 (OR GREATER) client software installation. You will be unable to use this driver until these components are installed."
Well, I tried installing the 9i client on this same machine and still got the same error. Now, from looking at forums I heard that Microsoft does not make a driver for 9i and is not planning to. Does anyone know if this is true? Is there any workaround for this? Can I load the 8.1.7 client on the server or just the Microsoft driver from 8.1.7?? Has anyone tried this? I know that you can't use the 9i installer (that was upgraded in the patch) to install 8.1.x components. Would I have to load the 8.1.7 installer also?