DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: End of TNS data channel

End of TNS data channel

Folks

We have copied oracle home from one linux box to another box and tried connecting to sql plus

we made a new entry in tnsnames.ora thru Net configuration assistant giving the host name, sid name and it works and connection is established.

We have a SQL tool by the name - squirrel.
    while connecting from different client machine using squirel we are able to connect for first 10 minutes after the db has benn started. after that the connection is lost giving ERROR Network adapter not established , but connecting from the same machine where db is running has no problems.

Please let me know what could be reasons.

Thanks
    SHIVANAND HANUMANTAPPA

Hi,
    Try tnsping and also ping to the server on which oracle server is running from the m/c where squirrel is running.

Try giving the ip address of the oracle server in ur tnsnames.ora file

regards
    anandkl
    anandkl

We have already given the IP address in the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora file .
    For Host name - we have given Ip address
    Port, Sid, Protocol other parameter are absoluetly correct.

The strange thing is the connection from a client machine using squirrel (USING JDBC ORACLE THIN DRIVER) is there for first 10 minutes after that when i try to connect it throws sql adpater not found unabe to connect. Please note that from a remote system i get the sql connection to the server.

Oracle database is on Linux server - red hat.
    Last edited by shivanand; 08-12-2003 at 06:08 AM.
    SHIVANAND HANUMANTAPPA