uninstall from windows xp pro
how do i uninstall the oracle from windows xp pro,i did select the universal installer and remove,it removed but all the folders like oradata,admin are still there, how do i uninstall including the all these folders and uninstall the listner service from the services.please help me
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Also Reg contents ( If any )
"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."
"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"
I also found this on the web :
1. Stop all it's services (sid, listener, agent, and http).
2. Start the registry editor: Choose Start -> Run -> regedit
3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE Delete the Oracle Key
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC and expand all subkeys and remove all keys under here which are related with the "Oracle ODBC Driver"
5. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services and remove all keys under here that begin with ORACLE or ORAWEB.
6. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EventLog\Application and remove all keys under here that begin with ORACLE.
7. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and remove any entries related to Oracle.
8. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, remove all keys that begin with Ora or ORCL (e.g. Oracle..., ORADC..., ORAMMC..., OraOLE..., OraPerf... and ORCL...).
9. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes, remove all keys that begin with Ora or ORCL (e.g. Oracle..., ORADC..., ORAMMC..., OraOLE..., OraPerf... and ORCL...).
10. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Oracle, delete this ORACLE key.
11. Go to HKEY_USERS\?\Software\Oracle, delete this ORACLE key.
12. Close the registry
13. Choose Start > Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Environment tab
14. At "System Variables" click on the variable PATH in order to modify the value. For example, you may see a path similar to this one: C:\ORACLE\ORA81\BIN;C:\PROGRAM FILES\ORACLE\JRE\1.1.7\BIN
15. If an %ORACLE_HOME% was installed, remove this %ORACLE_HOME%\BIN path.
16. If JRE was installed by Oracle, remove the JRE path.
17. Check if there are any other Oracle variables set in "System Variables", ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, TNS_ADMIN, JSERV or WV_GATEWAY_CFG. If these variables exist, delete them too.
18. Click on APPLY and OK
19. Close the Control Panel window
20. Choose Start -> Programs -> Windows NT Explorer
21. Go to %SystemDrive%\WINNT\PROFILES\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS
22. Delete the following Oracle related icons:
- Oracle Installation Products
- PRODUCT_NAME - HOME_NAME e.g.
- Oracle for Windows NT - Dev6i
- Oracle Reports 6i - Dev6i
- Oracle Olap Client 2.2 - Dev6i
- Oracle9i Lite
- Oracle - OraHome92
23. Go to %SystemDrive%\Program Files\Oracle and delete this directory
Note: In order to successfully delete all files, you may have to reboot your computer first, in order to clear Operating System locks on those files
24. Go to the temporary directory and delete all files and directories in here
25. Go to the drive where the Oracle software is installed on your machine and delete all ORACLE_BASE directories on your hard drive
26. Close the Windows NT Explorer
27. Empty the recycle bin Right click on Recycle Bin -> Empty Recycle Bin.
28. Reboot your computer.
I can see Jeff smiling somewhere.
Originally posted by Aljaz
28. Reboot your computer.
Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.
"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width