DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle9i Certification Kit

Oracle9i Certification Kit

Well here I am at a beginning of my road to OCP. I've read posts on this forum, done some searching on the web, got one last question and then it's about time to get to work!

I have the question : "Which material to use?". From what I can see good material seems to be Sybex Oracle9i Certification Kit. I have read reviews and it looks like the content is good, but the questions are to easy.

Would you recommend this kit?

Thanks you all in advance.

Aljaz

I used the SYBEX 8i Certification Books for 8i (Network, Perf Tun exams) and thought they were a great resourse. I'd advise you to check out Amazon.com/Amazon.uk and check reviews by people who've bought the 9i edition.

Cheers,
    OCP 8i, 9i DBA
    Brisbane Australia

I did check the reviews and the review marks are high (but there are just few reviews).

I just wanted (still do) to hear some oppinions from you guys.

Sybex stuff is good enough to help you pass. Cross referencing between oracle pdf's, sybex books etc is advisable. At the end STS practice test can help you prepare from the exam point of view.

All the best.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Thank you both

Aljaz

I used Sybex for the 9i DBA Fundamentals I. Content wise, all topics required for this exam were covered but the sample questions at the end of each chapter were simple. I would recommend a combination of Sybex and STS practice exam.

Hi, I agree with Mlualhati. Recently I have completed 032 and 033. Starting with Sybex, following by Oracle press for revision and finally STS is good combination. If you constantly score over 85% in STS (not by retaking the same exam of same set of questions) you can confidently go for the exam.

Best of Luck

Bhaskara
    OCP 9i

MUST GET STS!

I bought a cd on ebay(prob not legal) and i got a heap of STS's for 8i and a whole heap of other PDFs and training modules. Think it was $25 USD.