DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Index Tablespace re-org

Index Tablespace re-org

Using Oracle 8.1.7 on UNIX
    As part of a re-org and server move (from AIX to SUN) we are looking to rebuild all our tables/indexes (currently Dict managed) into new tablespaces (locally managed). The new tablespaces are named differently from the old ones.
    The tables are being done using CTAS rather than exp/imp and have been handled already.
    With the indexes I was hoping to keep life as simple as possible and use the indexfile clause of import to get the DDL for creating the indexes, but cant think of an easy way to amend to the script to replace the old tablespace name with the new one, without manually editing the file (over 2000 indexes)
    Can any one suggest a method/resource at all?

Thanks,
    Fraze

I would suggest.

For tables.. ALTER TABLE MOVE..
    For indexes.. ALTER INDEX REBUILD..

HTH
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Unfortunately we're moving the data to a new database on a new server at the same time as doing the re-org, so I cant use move or rebuild

oops.. didn't notice that.
    I think you can edit indexfile and do a find-replace to change the tablespace name.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"