How to clone a 11i environment on the same server
I am new to Apps field and trying hard to learn, so please bear with me.
Requirement: To create a new Training Environment.
Create a New training environment on the same server as
Pre-prod. Basically, Training will be a clone of the
pre prod environment.
OS: Sun Solaris
Db version: 8174
Apps version 11.5.7
Oracle home is on /u01
Apps Home is on /u02
Db files are in /u16 through /u22
My Question is how can we achieve this? I have put down a few steps, please correct/add.
1. Create source files to differentaite between pre-prod and training.
2. Create new file systems - /u90, /u91, /u92 through /u98
Copy /u01 to /u90 - We have SID name in the dir structure, that will be appropriatly changed
Copy /u02 to /u91
3. Make necessary changes to port numbers
4. Relink the Binaries for DB and APPS
5. Restore(from online backup of pre-prod) the pre prod database on to the new file systems as training database(new sid)
6. Not sure what to do after this....PLEASE HELP
Appreciate your help
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width