DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem:Reading from a Port using form 6i/Dev 2000

Unhappy Problem:Reading from a Port using form 6i/Dev 2000

Dear Users...

Could any1 plz tell me that is it possbile to read data from a port of CPU using ORACLE form 6i/dev 2000 as i can do it in VB or JAVA or C++.I dont know that this feature is available or not. IF yes then plz provide me some guide lines.

Help me Help u .. that's the key.
    Warm regards to all ..

Re: Problem:Reading from a Port using form 6i/Dev 2000

Originally posted by neo666
    to read data from a port of CPU
    Can you, please, clarify this?
    Tomaž
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
    foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

Exclamation

I want to know that is it possbile to read data from computer port, say parallel port in a pc using ORACLE Forms 6i or Developer 2000.Alike we got winsock in VB to do this.Is it possible or is ther any way?
    ALl the best.

you cannot use winsock to read data from computer ports like serial, parallel, usb....
    winsock is for tcp/ip.

look under OLE
    Tomaž
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
    foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

Dear Thomaz

Thnx for ur continuous support.itz great indeed.now can u [or any other dear user in fourm] tell me how can i find effective help guide for OLE or can u suggest me a book? further can u [or any other dear user in fourm] plz imform me a good book on using windows API in ORACLE forms.

Looking forward to ur kind co-op.
    "I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me...SIR ISAAC NEWTON"

Dear Thomaz

Thnx for ur continuous support.itz great indeed.now can u [or any other dear user in fourm] tell me how can i find effective help guide for OLE or can u suggest me a book? further can u [or any other dear user in fourm] plz imform me a good book on using windows API in ORACLE forms.

Looking forward to ur kind co-op.
    "I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me"...SIR ISAAC NEWTON