DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Run From without asking username & Password

Run From without asking username & Password

Hello

I am using Forms 6i with Oracle 9i. I have question here that, is it possible that if i run .FMX file, it will not ask me for database Username & Password, i mean i want to adjust Username & Password at design time and at run time it should not ask me for login information.

Thanks.

Namet ullah kalair

"f60runm your_form_name.fmx username/password@SID" will do the trick.
    You can make this into a script that is executable, but not readable, by a user.

Steaven

I have tried this trick but it did't work, this trick runs the .FMX file but again form requires login information.

Namet ullah kalair

Does it work on the command line?

yes, i have tried but again, Form asked me about username and password, is it not possible to give username and password at the time of designing the form.

I have another idea, may be u have the solution, i want to connect to the database with the hello/hello user. and i want to write such type of the coed in the TRIGGER of a button which direct the connection to another user namet/namet. is there any any code like "Connect" statement to connect with another user account.

Namet ullah kalair

Please use triger ON-LOGON at form level and write the following code as according to your database strings.

logon('scott','tiger@test');

Thanks

Thanks aph and Steven..

I got the right result as aph told. And the trick to run the form from executable file is well but proper statement to run the from from commandline is:

ifrun60 form_name.fmx username/password@sid

Thanks a lot.

Namet ullah kalair

Actually, like many things in Oracle and life, there is more than one way to do things. Thank you for telling me that f60runm doesn't work (on UNIX). Gee golly, how is it that I've been able to run a form outside of an application?