DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Broken Jobs

Broken Jobs

Hi ..
    Just testing out a scenrio.
    I got an updatable mv site and a master site.
    i performed some transactions on the mv site .. they reflect back to the master site, after that i disabled the network .. performed some transaction on the mv site .. and wait till the # of failures count to 16, which in returns change the status of my job to be BROKEN.

I used DBMS_JOB.BROKEN with the false parameter . It turns the staus of my job to NORMAL, but the issue in this case is .. i have to manually refresh my refresh group. i set the refresh time to one minute .. it was working fine .. before executing the DBMS_JOB.BROKEN package .. On the other hand if i repeat the same scenrio of disabling the network .. and after # of failures counts to be 16 , it wont change the status of my JOB.. Y?

Just want to know, how to eable my BROKEN JOBS in such a way that i dont have to manually refresh my refresh group.

suggessions..
    RAFF

Raff,

Have you tried issuing a commit after your DBMS_REFRESH.BROKEN execution.
    I know sometimes the snp processes will not recognise a change in a job until a commit has been made...

could be worht a try..

Brgds,

Andy

May be try just executing the job as
    dbms_job.run(job#). If it executes without any errors, then you have accomplished it.

Badrinath
    There is always a better way to do the things.

BROKEN JOBS

Hello!
    Yes i tried that out.. issuing commit after DBMS_JOB.BROKEN..
    Have to dig out for some other solution. Well .. what is the difference between executing DBMS_JOB.BROKEN and DBMS_JOB.RUN .. its is mentioned in the Oracle Documentation that they both can be used to run the BROKEN JOBS..

Take Care
    RAFF