DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: no 9i listener after upgrade

no 9i listener after upgrade

I just upgraded from 8.1.7.3 to 9.2.0.3 but notice there is no 9i listener in Windows' services window. Here is what I did:

1. Install Oracle 9.2.0.1 on the system where 8i DBs and 8i listener are running. When I installed it, I chose "Software Only" option because I don't need a new DB. After this is done, it did not create a new 9i Listener.
    2. I applied Patch 9.2.0.3 to the install
    3. I ran Database Upgrade Assistant to upgrade my databases from 8i to 9i. Upgrades were successful. Still no 9i Listener created.

How do I create a 9i Listener on this Windows 2000 system so it will start automatically just like the 8i Listener?

I could go into registry to create an entry similar to the 8i listener but there is a key under the listener service labelled "security" with some random long string. I figure there must be an "official" way to create a 9i listener service.

Thanks,

Use Net Config Assitant
    funky...

"I Dont Want To Follow A Path, I would Rather Go Where There Is No Path And Leave A Trail."

"Ego is the worst thing many have, try to overcome it & you will be the best, if not good, person on this earth"