DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: two Oracle home on the same machine

two Oracle home on the same machine

I have 9i and 8i running on the same machine, below is my environment path on the machine:

C:\Oracle\Ora920\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora817\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora_Mgr_WB\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora817\Apache\Perl\5.00503\bin\mswin32-x86;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.7\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;

As you see, since Oracle 9i is default first so every when I do something like exp/imp, etc.... Oracle will automatically used Oracle 9i utilities instead of 8i unless I specify the path for Oracle to use 8i like c:\oracle\ora817\bin\exp.

Is there any way I can add or change the environment for Oracle automatically use 8i utilities instead????

thanks

Goto ur desktop, right click on "My Computer" > Properties > Advanced > Environment Variable.

Double click on PATH variable in "System Variables".

change

C:\Oracle\Ora920\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora817\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora_Mgr_WB\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora817\Apache\Perl\5.00503\bin\mswin32-x86;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.7\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;

to

C:\Oracle\Ora817\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora920\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora_Mgr_WB\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora817\Apache\Perl\5.00503\bin\mswin32-x86;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.7\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;

HTH
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Or:

Go to STARTUP -> PROGRAMS -> ORACLE INSTALLATION PRODUCTS -> HOME SELECTOR -> change your primary ORACLE_HOME from the options shown there.

I think there was a topic like that yesterday.
    An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.
    —Friedrich Engels