DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for a JOB!

Unhappy looking for a JOB!

Hi all,

I'm OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i and 9i looking for job. I've 6 months experience. please let me know if there is any possible opportunities for me. I'm also willing to work as a volunteer for a time-being.

Many Thanks,
    Regards,
    Vimal Patel
    OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i
    Sun Solaris 8 Sys. Admin.
    A+

6 months of experience? With all those OCP releases? Sheeesh, so much about OCP credibility!
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?

6 months of experience when years have passed between 7.3 and 9i? So that's what, about one month per year that you work with Oracle? ("Sure, just long enough to get certified.")

Originally posted by stecal
    6 months of experience when years have passed between 7.3 and 9i? So that's what, about one month per year that you work with Oracle? ("Sure, just long enough to get certified.")
    Now, now...
    He is posting his "looking for job" adds for years in this forum.
    I gather he is interested in Oracle technology for a long time, did some home playing / studying / experimenting and got certified. He just seems beeing out of luck finding a position in the field, so he can't quote experience.

Then again, I might be wrong.
    Tomaž
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
    foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

Yeah, i can see that from the very first thread posted, he is looking for a job.

http://www.dbasupport.com/forums/sho...?threadid=2873

And its 3 years now... But happened to all those job offers mentioned on the above thread ??
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Advise

Vimal,

If you are looking in toronto, send me a PM(personal message). Maybe I might know someone who may help. Since you're willing to volunteer.

But I seriously cannot understand why you could,'t get a job since you're a 7.3 OCP(in those days it was still a big deal). (You may have your personal reasons I'm sure - -you don't need to elucidate on that BTW).

This is an advise.Good luck and try to knock some office doors. Get in! as anyone junior admin, etc. You have to first get in can organization and prove yourself. Then you an start showing where you're really good at or have a potential.

Get in first.
    Call up companies, check out the newspapers. Call up contractors.Work on your resume a bit. no time gaps,loopholes...

Cheers!
    Last edited by Tarry; 07-04-2003 at 06:50 AM.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---