DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: X11???

X11???

I had installed 9ias902 on rh as2.1,all seem to be fine ,but when I reboot my compute ,I must excute a "xhost +"manually,
    or my oem says :Servlet error: Renderer failed: java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
    what can i do ??I remote control my computer ,and impossible to go to the XWINDOW and excute a "xhost +"manually ?
    thanks

you execute xhost + in the server or a telnet sessions

3 options:

install xvfb,
    install a headless AWT (pja)
    install JDK 1.4 & run headless

onlysimon,thanks,my java version is 1.4 now .and what does "run headless" mean??
    Last edited by zryou; 06-25-2003 at 09:09 PM.

also ,how can the machine automatically allow hosts to connect to the Xserver ,like excuted "xhost +",when it reboot so that don't need to go to the machine and excute the command manually .thanks

pando,first thank you
    but the command "xhost +"can't excute through telnet.

and i want to start all my 9ias service (include em,ohs,oc4j)when i reboot my computer,and this is easy to do through shell script,the problem is :when i deploy the ias through em website ,an error appear on the webpage:Servlet error: Renderer failed: java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
    if i excute "xhost +"in the server(only in the server in xwindow can excute),the error disappear.but it is impossible for me to do this every time i reboot my computer cause the machine is remotely controlled.but i need em to deploy ias,so what can i do ??
    thanks

to run jdk 1.4 headless just add

-Djava.awt.headless=true

to the oc4j start script (sorry it's websphere here so I don't know which file)

you don't need to fcuk about with xhost+