DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-23421: job number 55 is not a job in the job queue

Lightbulb ORA-23421: job number 55 is not a job in the job queue

Hi All,

I am trying to alter a job whose priv_user is some one else. As a result I am facing this error. Now I have the DBA privilege. Not only that I have tried to alter the job from a user who has SYSDBA privilege. But the same error is coming. Now is there any privilge because of which I can alter the job being not the owner of the job?

Regards

Deba

You can only change your own jobs by using DBMS_JOB package. Not even SYS is exception to this, meaning that if you connect to the database as SYSDBA you'll be only able to change jobs belonging to SYS, but not those belonging to SCOTT, for example.

Howevere there is undocumented package called DBMS_IJOB that enables you to manipulate other users jobs (provided that you have EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE privilege). For example, you can remove any job (not only those owned by you) from the job queue by executing procedure SYS.DBMS_IJOB.REMOVE(:job_id)

I'm not sure if DBMS_IJOB has all the procedures that DBMS_JOB has (WHAT, NEXT_DATE, INTERVAL, BROKEN, ...) and if all the parameters are the same, but you can find this out by yourself.
    Jurij Modic
    ASCII a stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
    24 hours in a day .... 24 beer in a case .... coincidence?