DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Licencing question - support & upgrades costs

Licencing question - support & upgrades costs

Can I ask for some opinions here:

We have 100 licenced users (Named Plus - 9.2 Standard Edition)-= I'm about to buy another 20.

Do I have to buy the additional upgrades susbcription and support for these extra 20? Legally, I mean.

Will not my existing cover cover me for any upgrades or support? ( I Think I can guess your answers, but how do you guys manage it out there?)

You will get roped into buying support for your additional 20 licenses when you purchase them. In fact, you'll probably get two seperate bills for support; one for the 100 users, one for the 20 users.
    Jeff Hunter

We've been adding to our licence base over the last year. I now have 5 different 'contracts' for the 100 licences. Once the new 20 licences are 'delivered' (ie paid for) I want to liase with support so that the staggered expiration of the licences is consolidated, and I just have to worry about renewing once a year for ALL our licences.

I think the point of my original post should have been - Could I feasibly just buy the 20 new licences and refuse to purchase upgrade subscription and support?

Originally posted by JMac
    I think the point of my original post should have been - Could I feasibly just buy the 20 new licences and refuse to purchase upgrade subscription and support?
    BTDT. Unfortunately Oracle doesn't allow that.
    Sanjay G.
    Oracle Certified Professional 8i, 9i.

"The degree of normality in a database is inversely proportional to that of its DBA"

Thats all I needed to know, Sanjay. Thanks. The guy on the phone from Sales implied that we could!