DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replication fast refresh doesn't work on db link?

Threaded View

Replication fast refresh doesn't work on db link?

Hello,

I have a test-setup for replication : two db's : one production-db and one replication db. Both db's are on the same node, the final setup will be on two nodes. Oracle version: 8.1.7.4.9

I created a snapshot-site and a master site. They are connected via a db-link. I use simple select-statements in the snapshots to read the data:
    SELECT * FROM [schema].[tablename]@[sid.company.intra];
    So there are no joins or functions in there.

After creating snapshots and snapshot logs, I refreshed them with the complete-clause. It works. But the amount of data I have to replicate orders me to refresh with the fast-clause, but this doesn't work.

I don't receive any ORA's when I run
    - EXECUTE DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH('[table]','C'); # complete refresh
    or
    - EXECUTE DBMS_MVIEW.REFRESH('[table]','F'); # fast refresh

A "SELECT MVIEW_NAME,LAST_REFRESH_TYPE,LAST_REFRESH_DATE FROM DBA_MVIEWS" returns "COMPLETE" as refresh type. Even if I refresh fast! Also the date remains the date of yesterday.

Then: I created a master table, snapshot & snapshot log in one and the same db. And the fast refresh works great!!

So: the problem lies in the fact that the master table is in a different db? Or because I'm using a db-link?

I visited Metalink, but there was no sollution. The manual states there are many rules that make the fast refresh impossible, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong here...

Help would be very appreciated.

Erik
    Last edited by efrijters; 06-19-2003 at 06:14 AM.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.