DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to use RMAN to apply redo logs?

Question How to use RMAN to apply redo logs?

I have backup whole DB using RMAN. Now I want to restore the DB using RMAN. How can I instruct RMAN to apply all the redo logs(online and archive) manually during the recovery process? Tks.

u need not do any thing manually.Since your backup is taken automatically.In restoration script if u mention 'Restore database' and 'Recover database' RMAN will take care of the restoration.

Yeah but with 'recover database' command, the RMAN does not actually recover until just before point of failure. I need to use 'recovery database until...'.

Why do u want to go for point of failure?.
    What is the failure type?

Now i understood what do u want from your other thread.First what is your DB mode.If it is in Nonarchive mode forget about point of failure.
    Last edited by akhadar; 05-27-2003 at 06:18 AM.

If you database in ARCHIVELOG mode you can user :

set until time 'Jul 8 1999 07:55:00'; Just specified date that you need. You will have to reserlogs before you will be able to open your database.
    One, who thinks that the other one who thinks that know and does not know, does not know either!

My DB is running in archivelog. So in this case I need to check the point of failure in the alert_sid.log and then recover database until just before the reported failure date and time?

yes