DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: installer hangs

installer hangs

Dear All,

My installer hangs duing net8 configuration, when I install the ORACLE S/W on my mac. Iam pasting the relevant portion of the install.log. Kindly advise me how to proceed.

Regards,

K.Diwakar

ORACLE: 8.1.6

LINUX: 8

Starting to execute optional autolaunch configuration tools
    Launched configuration tool Net8 Configuration Assistant
    Command which is being spawned is /ORACLE/HOME/JRE/bin/jre -Duser.dir=/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib -classpath /ORACLE/HOME/JRE/lib/i18n.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/JRE/lib/rt.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/ewt-3_3_6.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/netcfg.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib/netcam.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib/netca.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/help-3_1_8.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/ice-4_06_6.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/share-1_0_8.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/swingall-1_1_1.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/network/tools:/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib/opsclust.jar oracle.net.ca.NetCA /orahome /ORACLE/HOME /instype typical /inscomp client,net8,javavm,server /insprtcl tcp /cfg local /authadp NO_VALUE /nodeinfo NO_VALUE /responseFile NO_VALUE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by diwakar; 05-19-2003 at 03:06 AM.

Whats these lines in your install log...

Code:
    Starting to execute optional autolaunch configuration tools
    Launched configuration tool Net8 Configuration Assistant
    Command which is being spawned is /ORACLE/HOME/JRE/bin/jre  -Duser.dir=/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib -classpath /ORACLE/HOME/JRE/lib/i18n.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/JRE/lib/rt.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/ewt-3_3_6.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/netcfg.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib/netcam.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib/netca.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/help-3_1_8.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/ice-4_06_6.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/share-1_0_8.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/jlib/swingall-1_1_1.jar:/ORACLE/HOME/network/tools:/ORACLE/HOME/network/jlib/opsclust.jar  oracle.net.ca.NetCA /orahome /ORACLE/HOME /instype typical /inscomp client,net8,javavm,server /insprtcl tcp /cfg local /authadp NO_VALUE /nodeinfo NO_VALUE /responseFile NO_VALUE

Configuration tool Net8 Configuration Assistant was canceled

Result code for launching of configuration tool is -1
    Launched configuration tool Oracle Database Configuration Assistant
    Command which is being spawned is /ORACLE/HOME/bin/dbassist  -progress_only -responseFile NO_VALUE -createtype seed -numusers NO_VALUE -apptype NO_VALUE -cartridges NO_VALUE -options NO_VALUE -demos NO_VALUE -seedloc /orainst/Oracle8iR2/starterdb -sid oasis -orabase /ORACLE -dbloc /ORACLE -clususer NO_VALUE -cluspswd *Protected value, not to be logged* -nodeinfo NO_VALUE -gdbName oasis
    Invalid Exit Code. The following result code will be used for configuration tool: 1

Configuration tool Oracle Database Configuration Assistant failed 
    /ORACLE/HOME/bin/dbassist: line 103:  4318 Killed                  $JRE_EXEC -Duser.dir=$USER_DIR -classpath $CLASSPATH DBCreateWizard $ARGUMENTS

Result code for launching of configuration tool is 1
    Error :*** Alert: One or more tools have failed. It is recommended but not required that these tools succeed for this installation. You can now select these tools, read its details to examine why they failed, fix those problems, and retry them. Or, you can click "Next" to continue. ***
    User selected: Yes/OK
    It says that the net8 configuration was cancelled and the dbassist was killed...

Rectify this first...

HTH
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Dear Adewri

The operation was cancelled/stoped for the installer did hang.

Kindly gothrough the relevant portion of the log that I have pasted and come out with the solution.

Regards,

K.Diwakar

Originally posted by diwakar
    Dear Adewri

The operation was cancelled/stoped for the installer did hang.

Kindly gothrough the relevant portion of the log that I have pasted and come out with the solution.

Regards,

K.Diwakar
    Jesus christ you think this is free Metalink support or what?

I think people really need to think wheather this is a discussion FORUM and not a school/consultancy

Havent you read the thread at the top pasted my Tarry???

Mr.Pando,

Yes, there is a gap between what I said and what I did really mean. I will clarify this now and pls dont call Jeasus to settle such small issues....

K.Diwakar

Dear ADWERI,

Sorry for I had been a bit harsh in my reply. But this was not intentional. I did not really mean what I said. What I did mean was a solution based on the real problem that I have defined above. and not what what you have mentioned.

Regards,

K.Diwakar

Ok in that case was your relinking part successfull ?

If it was relinked successfully then you can configure your net8 manually. run netassist or netmgr and proceed. Then create your database...

HTH
    Amar
    "There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."

Amar's Blog  Get Firefox!

Originally posted by diwakar
    Mr.Pando,

Yes, there is a gap between what I said and what I did really mean. I will clarify this now and pls dont call Jeasus to settle such small issues....

K.Diwakar

Dear ADWERI,

Sorry for I had been a bit harsh in my reply. But this was not intentional. I did not really mean what I said. What I did mean was a solution based on the real problem that I have defined above. and not what what you have mentioned.

Regards,

K.Diwakar
    Diwaker ,

first of all installation issues re all easy to find on the manuals, there is no need to post installation stuff here. What do you think tha we'll go thru the meta-inf to solve your issues.

I'm very sure that installation manuals will very likely solve the issue.

My questions to you are....
    1. Did you search the uhhuh web?
    2. Your install manual?

If yes!

Were you satisfied(that it wasn't helpful)..stuff like that!

Adapt to that kind of approach , then you'll be able to server your employer better as well, by leaving your valueble time for more impotant issues. Thus you enhance your productivity.
    Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Mr. Singh,

I have posted the output of the relinkall and other stuff. This is happening after the required patches being applied on LINUX and after configuring the memory params. So I feel that this is not an ordinary installation stuff.

And Mr Singh, I know what Iam doing and I dont need your advise on the same. If this is not interesting, do just skip through. Pls. dont waste your time in giving advise to others.

Regards,

K.Diwakar