DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

Hi,
    I installed personal oracle 8 on my windows 98 pc. During install it gave a message saying increase ur virtual memory. Apart from this the whole installationn process was smooth without any errors. Now when i started sql*plus with scott/tiger or system/manager it gives me this message "ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified" . Please help me soon. How can i solve this problem.

Thanks in advance

Hi

Just go regedit -->Oracle Home--and delete the NLS entries from there..You should be fine

regards
    Hrishy

Full path of registry???

Hi,
    Can u post the full path of registry please... is it local machine or hkey_cureent_user... Iam a new user ..i dont wanna mess up... I knoow little about registry but an exact path would really help.. Plz respond..

Thanks...

Whats the way out........

Hi,
    Its been almost a week and it seems no one is quite sure about the answer... The prev poster advised to change registry but didnt mention the exact path... Does anyone else know how to solve this problem.. plz help me soon..

Thanks again.

incomplete oracle 9i installation

Hi,
    i had tried to install oracle 9i on this same machine but couldnt complete the installation bcause i didnt have sufficient space on my hard disk. Since the installation didnt complete i had deleted the folder(oracle home) which was D: partition. Now, I have intalled 8i on C: partition. I hope this info helps. Also i went into registry but they are too many folders with the name home..like home0 oracle_homes etc... I am attaching the picture of registry as well. I went to hkey_local_machine > software > oracle > Home0 ... As u can see from the picture it shows the previous oracle home which was on D: partition....

Plz help me sooon.

Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Does anyone has answer???

Hi,
    Plz help me soon... Does anyone has gone thru this error.. If u know anything about this problem, plz respond..

Thanks in advance.

For moderators!!!!

Hi,
    I am not getting answer to my problem and i was wondering if i have posted my question in the wrong forum.. Can u guys move the this post to DBA forum.. Thanks a lot... Still waiting for the right answer..

Thanks in advance.

uninstalling and deleting the oracle folder from registry

Hi,
    I was thinking on the lines of removing oracle 8 from the pc and deleting the oracle folder from registry i.e HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE--> SOFTWARE-->ORACLE. As i had said, i had tried to install oracle 9i bfore installing oracle 8. I hope reinstallation of oracle 8 will work out fine...

Any suggestions are welcome..

Re: ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

Originally posted by ajashadi
    Now when i started sql*plus with scott/tiger or system/manager it gives me this message "ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified" .
    ORA-12705 when connecting via SQL*Net

a) An ORA-12705 may occur, when you have specified an invalid entry for the ORACLE_HOME in the listener.ora. Go to your TNS_ADMIN directory (either specified by an environment variable or the default $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin) and check the listener.ora for an incorrect setting.

Contents of Listener.ora

Hi,
    Here are the contents of my listener.ora file which was located in c:\orawin95\net80\admin. I didnt find any thing in this as ORACLE_HOME... Can u plz tell me if anything is to be added here. I need urgent help on this as its been more than 1 week and iam yet to start sql plus. Thanks again.

LISTENER =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS =
    (PROTOCOL = TCP)
    (Host = 123)
    (Port = 1521)
    )
    (ADDRESS =
    (PROTOCOL = TCP)
    (Host = 127.0.0.1)
    (Port = 1521)
    )