DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Have you ever seen this?

Have you ever seen this?

We had a problem in production the other day where the package headers lost their detail. It wasn't every package, but it was at least 20% of all packages owned by the DORIS schema only had their rem comments at the top when viewed through Toad and did not have their detail lines. We had to recreate the packages via sql plus.

Another dba had on Sunday run the utlrp.sql script to recompile everything, but didn't notice any problems from the result. Anybody ever seen this before? We're running 8.1.7.4.0 on AIX. Thanks.
    Eric Hanson

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't!

from TOAD or from dba_source?

Thumbs up

Probably is just a TOAD bug or something. Next time check the packages status or get the DDL's with DBMS_METADATA packages. This way you can pin point what is wrong.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa

OCP 8/8i/9i DBA

what a descriptive topic, hope you dont start your monthly reports like this LOL

followup

This is not a bug in Toad. I was able to trace the problem and recreate it.

This database was originally set up with full access (select / update/insert/delete) granted to public for all schema objects (Doris). Later this access was revoked and properly set up using roles. Now when we run utlrp, it drops the detail from package bodies. This is verified by querying against the sys.argument$ table for this schema owner. Everything is fine until utlrp is run against the database after the grants have been revoked from public. I've submitted a tar to Oracle. The workaround that we have found is to not run utlrp, but compile each object seperately as needed.
    Eric Hanson

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't!