DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: which files do i need to edit for OEM to work.?

Hybrid View

which files do i need to edit for OEM to work.?

Hello,

Its been awhile, and I'm just doing this for learning purposes. I have 2 computers that are networked. I have 8.17 database installed on 1 pc running on windows 2000 serv. i am running xp pro on my 2nd computer which I would like to be able to manange the database from this computer. I installed OEM on the 2nd computer. Now, which files do I need to edit from the database end and from the client side, so that i can connect using OEM. and do I have to installed the server manager seperately or is that part of the OEM installation? I would like to have this running on the xp machine as well.

thank you in advanced,

L

Tarry Singh
    I'm a JOLE(JavaOracleLinuxEnthusiast)
    TarryBlogging
    --- Everything was meant to be---

Thumbs up Re: which files do i need to edit for OEM to work.?

Originally posted by lofat
    Hello,

Its been awhile, and I'm just doing this for learning purposes. I have 2 computers that are networked. I have 8.17 database installed on 1 pc running on windows 2000 serv. i am running xp pro on my 2nd computer which I would like to be able to manange the database from this computer. I installed OEM on the 2nd computer. Now, which files do I need to edit from the database end and from the client side, so that i can connect using OEM. and do I have to installed the server manager seperately or is that part of the OEM installation? I would like to have this running on the xp machine as well.

thank you in advanced,

L
    On your 2nd computer (where OEM console is installed), configure the %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\tnsnames.ora file, to include TNS alias for the db on the 1st computer. Then start the OEM console:

c:\>%ORACLE_HOME%\bin\oemapp console

use the DBA Studio, and select the local tnsnames.ora instead of OMS to discover the databases.

That's all you have to do to start with...

Hope that helps,

clio_usa

OCP 8/8i/9i DBA

Visit our Web Site